4 sep 2010

One year bible day 5

Today I have read Genesis chapters 9 and 10.

If God promises us anything He means it. For me the word or the meaning of 'promises', is something I don't want to hear. Because many have promised me so much and many had let me down. We promise each other to much or we promise something, but we don't come through. We don't keep our promises. It is a sin, because you hurt someone by your promise you don't keep. If you don't know you can keep your promise. Don't promise anything. Say the truth. When my kids ask me something and I don't know if I can. I say to them, I don't know, but I will try. Promises...promises...promises....BUT when God promise us something you know it is TRUE. God does not lie.

That is something that always has been like a releave to me. When I feel down and I do not trust nobody! I know, my Father in heaven is with me.

God's Promise to Noah

I am going to make a solemn promise to you and to everyone who will live after you.

I promise every living creature that the earth and those living on it will never again be destroyed by a flood. I will remember my promise to you and to all other living creatures. Never again will I let floodwaters destroy all life.

The rainbow that I have put in the sky will be my sign to you and to every living creature on earth. It will remind you that I will keep this promise forever

0 comments:

Een reactie posten