7 sep 2010

One year bible day 7

I love the story of Abram. Today I've read the chapters 13 & 14. Family should help each other out, but we also have to help out one other. We should be a blessing for others.

Everything we have or be given is to thank God for this.


Abram and Lot Separate


We are close relatives. We shouldn't argue, and our men shouldn't be fighting one another.

Abram stayed in the land of Canaan. But Lot settled near the cities of the valley and put up his tents not far from Sodom, where the people were evil and sinned terribly against the Lord.

Abram Moves to Hebron

I will give you and your family all the land you can see. It will be theirs forever!

Abram took down his tents and went to live near the sacred trees of Mamre at Hebron, where he built an altar in honor of the Lord.

Abram Rescues Lot

They also captured Abram's nephew Lot, who lived in Sodom. They took him and his possessions and then left.

Three hundred eighteen of Abram's servants were fighting men, so he took them and followed the enemy as far north as the city of Dan.

That night, Abram divided up his troops, attacked from all sides, and won a great victory. He brought back his nephew Lot, together with Lot's possessions and the women and everyone else who had been captured.

Abram Is Blessed by Melchizedek

King Melchizedek of Salem was a priest of God Most High. He brought out some bread and wine and said to Abram:

“I bless you in the name
of God Most High,
Creator of heaven and earth.
All praise belongs
to God Most High
for helping you defeat
your enemies.”

The king of Sodom said to Abram, “All I want are my people. You can keep everything else.

Abram answered: The Lord God Most High made the heavens and the earth. And I have promised him that I won't keep anything of yours, not even a sandal strap or a piece of thread. Then you can never say that you are the one who made me rich. Let my share be the food that my men have eaten. But Aner, Eshcol, and Mamre went with me, so give them their share of what we brought back.

0 comments:

Een reactie posten