18 dec 2010

A merry heart

A merry heart does good, like medicine, but a broken spirit dries the bones.
Proverbs 17:22 (NKJV)

I've found that listening to good, uplifting, godly music is an excellent way to keep a merry heart. When we listen to it, we tend to find ourselves humming or singing along, even when we are not aware of it. When we have a merry heart, we can have joy in our heart even while going about our work. We can also have more energy and vitality because the Bible tells us that the joy of the Lord is our strength. We have a choice. We can grumble our way through our troubles, or we can sing our way through our troubles. Either way, we have to go through troubles, so we may as well go through them happily.

From the book New Day, New You: 365 Devotions for Enjoying Everyday Life by Joyce Meyer.

It's so true when I listen to christian music my heart is full of joy and happiness. It makes me smile again. Sometimes I'm so hurt or feeling frustrated I have to force myself to listen, but in a few minutes a feel so relaxed and happy :).

God bless you,
Loyoya

0 comments:

Een reactie posten